PTSHEAT sales engineers can design exact fit thermocouples to replace your original equipment and for new applications. We guarantee our parts! We will supply proper form, fit, function sensors every time.
Thermocouples for General Applications
Phoenix Thermal Supply stocks a wide variety of thermocouples for industrial and commercial equipment. If your application requires a type of thermocouple not readily available, SWHC can provide a custom sensor to your exact specifications.
- Fiberglass insulated thermocouples are suitable for temperatures up to 900° F (480° C) for continuous operation.
- 32 Standard sheath lengths
- Stainless steel braid or hose protection
- J, K, T & E calibrations
- Grounded, ungrounded and exposed junctions
- Flat & drill point
- Epoxy sealed cold ends
- Adjustable depths
- Flexible extensions
- Washers, nozzles & clamp bands
- Custom diameters
- PFA coated and stainless steel sheaths
- Straight, 45° or 90° bend
- Locking bayonet caps
Mineral Insulated Thermocouples
Mineral insulated thermocouples are fast-responding, durable, and capable of handling high temperatures. A protective metal outer sheath allows the use of smaller diameter conductors, while the rock hard compacted MgO insulation enhances the sensor’s ability to read temperature by transferring heat quickly to the measuring junction.
Mineral insulated thermocouples outperform bare wire thermocouples in most applications.
- Easily handles temperatures up to 2200° F (1200° C)
- Meets or exceeds initial calibration tolerances per ASTM E 230
- Mineral insulation protects thermocouple from moisture and thermal shock and permits operation in high temperature, high pressure environments
- Diameters as small as 0.010 in. (0.25 mm)
- Flexibility of insulation allows thermocouple to bend without risk of cracking to meet design requirements
- Outer sheath protects wires from oxidation and hostile environments
- Wide range of sheath materials, diameters, and calibrations to meet specific requirements
- Custom options include special lead lengths, lead wires, and terminations
Industrial thermocouples come in two base metal types:
- Base Metal with Bare or ceramic insulated elements
- Protection tubes
A variety of specifications for each type is available to meet your application requirements.
- 2300° F (1260° C) maximum temperature
- Insulated wire thermocouples are suitable for most general purpose applications
- Bare and ceramic insulated elements
- Available in ASTM E 230 types K and J
- Can be twisted or butt welded
- Straight or angle types
- 2 or 4 hole insulators
- Single or dual element
- Protected thermocouples
- Complete with head, block, and protection tube
- Several styles available