375 Refractory Strip Heaters
These Refractory Strip Heaters have a Resistor Wire which is Embedded in specially formulated, high-grade refractory material which both insulates the resistor and transfers heat rapidly to the sheath. The Refractory strip heater is then Compressed to Rock Hardness and high density under tremendous hydraulic pressure to maximize heat transfer from coil to sheath. Elements are oven cured at high temperatures to cure the refractory.
Our 375 Strip Heater’s highly compacted refractory material quickly conducts heat from the resistance wire to the sheath resulting in low internal temperatures and long heater life in the most demanding applications. Precise placement of the resistance wire provides uniform sheath temperature across the width and along the entire heated length. Terminal designs allow easy installation wiring. The 375 name comes from it’s 3/8″ thickness which creates a rigid sheath for secure clamping ability. The refractory Strip Heater is ideally suited for many industrial and commercial applications.
- Highly compressed refractory material for outstanding performance in surface heating or convection air heating applications
- Rugged construction with high temperature and high watt density capabilities
- Sheath Material: Rust resisting iron for sheath temperatures to 750°F 430 stainless steel for sheath temperatures to 1200°F
Nickel-chromium element wire is centered in the heater assures uniform heat
Aluminized steel sheath operates at higher temperatures and resists corrosion
Optional 430 stainless steel sheath meets temperature requirements that reach up to 1200°F (650°C)
- Terminal Box
- Termination: 10-32 threaded post terminals offset at one end (Type A), one terminal at each end (Type B), or perpendicular to length at one end (Type C) Ceramic terminal covers
- Secondary Insulation Bushings are required for mounting in air heating application or when 375 Refractory Strip Heaters are wired in series on line voltages above 480. Also, specify if a 9/16″ x 11/16″ mounting slot to accommodate the Secondary Insulation Bushing.
- Width: 1-1/2″ ± .020″
- Length: To 53-7/8″ overall length (A dimension)
- Thickness: 3/8″ ± .02″ – .035″
- Maximum Voltage: 600
Dies and Molds
Tank and Platen Heating
Packaging and Sealing